A&O, Ashurst, Herbert Smith join Virgin Money's £747m acquisition of Northern Rock
Allen & Overy (A&O), Herbert Smith and Ashurst have taken roles on Virgin Money’s £1bn bid for Northern Rock, the retail bank that was nationalised in 2008 after becoming one of the most high-profile UK casualties of the financial crisis. Virgin Money, part of Richard Branson’s Virgin Group business conglomerate, has instructed longstanding adviser A&O on the bid. The magic circle firm is fielding a team led by corporate head Andrew Ballheimer.
Firm quartet act as Virgin Money bids for nationalised Rock
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651