A&O, Ashurst, Herbert Smith join Virgin Money's £747m acquisition of Northern Rock
Allen & Overy (A&O), Herbert Smith and Ashurst have taken roles on Virgin Money’s £1bn bid for Northern Rock, the retail bank that was nationalised in 2008 after becoming one of the most high-profile UK casualties of the financial crisis. Virgin Money, part of Richard Branson’s Virgin Group business conglomerate, has instructed longstanding adviser A&O on the bid. The magic circle firm is fielding a team led by corporate head Andrew Ballheimer.
Firm quartet act as Virgin Money bids for nationalised Rock
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651