Career Clinic: Will my commercial City training be any use to get into a 'grittier' law career?
I'm completing my TC at a very reputable City firm. However, (as awful as this sounds) I only really applied for training contacts with commercial firms so I would get funding for the LPC. I would really love to work in a grittier area of the law on qualification, and I've heard the Crown Prosecution Service accept applications from NQs from other disciplines...
“I’m completing my training contract at a very reputable City firm. However, (as awful as this sounds) I only really applied for training contacts with commercial firms so I would get funding for the LPC.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651