News Corp replaces Farrers with Olswang for phone-hacking work
News Corporation has parted ways with legal adviser Farrer & Co and appointed Olswang to advise it on all civil claims relating to phone-hacking at the News of the World (NoW). Farrers has been the primary adviser to the now-defunct tabloid throughout the phone-hacking scandal, and is understood to have advised on more than 60 cases taken out by alleged victims.
News Corporation has parted ways with legal adviser Farrer & Co and appointed Olswang to advise it on all civil claims relating to phone-hacking at the News of the World (NoW).
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651