Law Firm of the Year 2011 – the whys and wherefores
Legal Week remains somewhat arms-length from its own awards ceremony, the British Legal Awards. That's mainly because the awards have an independent judging panel - and a very high quality one at that - with the aim being to avoid the event turning into a prize-fest for our best contacts. That said, we do try to draw on Legal Week's editorial experience to assist the process. That happens in several ways. Firstly, Legal Week - largely meaning me and our deputy editor, Georgina Stanley - help to whittle the award entries down to a shortlist for the judges to consider. Frankly, that was a pain this year, because for reasons I won't try to explain we had a record number of entries, up 20% on last year. So apologies to the considerable number of lawyers, firms and barristers sulking at our news team this week for not getting shortlisted - in most categories you were really up against a lot of competition.
Legal Week remains somewhat arms-length from its own awards ceremony, the British Legal Awards. That’s mainly because the awards have an independent judging panel – and a very high quality one at that – with the aim being to avoid the event turning into a prize-fest for our best contacts.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651