The thrill of the race - going offshore the old-fashioned way
Sailing is a popular competitive sport and leisure activity for people living in the Channel Islands and, together with a longstanding but friendly rivalry between the islands of Jersey and Guernsey, the inter-island yacht race is a compelling event. Given the competitive nature of many of our colleagues and clients, together with widespread participation in sailing, it seemed only natural for Carey Olsen to begin sponsoring the Channel Islands’ premier sailing event two years ago. Alternating in direction each year, the course this year ran from St Helier in Jersey to St Peter Port in Guernsey and saw almost 70 yachts compete for overall honours as well as many individual prize categories such as first bilge and long keel boat, first young skipper, first family crew and first non-Channel Islands yacht.
For those with a competitive streak and a penchant for sailing, the Channel Islands’ inter-island yacht race is the perfect outlet. Carey Olsen’s Alex Ohlsson describes a day to remember
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651