Novartis to kick off first panel review in wake of Alcon takeover
Novartis is set to review its advisers in the US and Europe following the completion of its $40bn (£25bn) takeover of Alcon earlier this year. The review will be led by incoming general counsel Felix Ehrat, who is joining the pharma giant next month from Swiss law firm Baer & Karrer, where he was senior partner. Outgoing GC Thomas Werlen said there would be a particular emphasis on integrating Alcon’s preferred law firms in the intellectual property (IP) space to service its patent portfolio.
Novartis is set to review its advisers in the US and Europe following the completion of its $40bn (£25bn) takeover of Alcon earlier this year.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651