'Living in interesting times': CC's Sweeting on lockstep, law firm culture and the emerging markets
Clifford Chance (CC) senior partner Malcolm Sweeting is certainly no Stuart Popham. Popham, a born public speaker, who many suggest would have made a brilliant politician, ended his eight years as senior partner with a strong profile in industry that reflected the figurehead style he brought to the role. In contrast, Sweeting’s electoral platform was a very different one. As a self-proclaimed “guardian of the partnership culture”, Sweeting’s take on the role is much more internal-facing. Indeed, one of the City finance partner’s key objectives during his first nine months in office has been to ensure he is constantly visible to the partners and that they know what he is up to.
Clifford Chance (CC) senior partner Malcolm Sweeting is certainly no Stuart Popham.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651