McDermott unveils London growth agenda in wake of restructuring and departures
McDermott Will & Emery is planning to double its lawyer headcount in London in the wake of a restructuring that will see the firm refocus its City practice around six key practice areas. The US firm wants to build its London operation up to more than 100 lawyers over the next three years, compared with a current team of 53 lawyers. The office will focus on corporate, energy and commodities, tax, employment, intellectual property and private client work, with London managing partner and European chair Hugh Nineham also planning to rebuild an arbitration practice and launch a white-collar defence team within the next year.
US firm aims for expansion in target areas as it moves to regain initiative in the City
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651