A&O report reveals £3m redundancy costs in back office shake-up
Allen & Overy (A&O) has set aside £3m for City redundancy payouts as it overhauls its back office team in light of its new 'onshoring' arm in Belfast. The total cost towards the Northern Ireland support centre was £4m in the 2010-11 financial year, according to the magic circle firm's annual report, of which £3m will be spent on redundancy payouts. However, the firm will be able to claim back the majority of that cost through a £2.5m grant it will receive from Invest Northern Ireland for creating local jobs.
Allen & Overy (A&O) has set aside £3m for City redundancy payouts as it overhauls its back office team in light of its new ‘onshoring’ arm in Belfast.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651