Linklaters and Skadden lead on €147bn Greece banking merger
Linklaters and Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom are advising on the merger of Greece's second and third largest banks, a tie-up which will create an institution with €147bn in total assets, reports The Am Law Daily. The merger of Alpha Bank and Eurobank, which comes amid the country's sovereign debt crisis, will make the combined entity the biggest lender in Greece and the largest bank in southeastern Europe.
Linklaters and Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom are advising on the merger of Greece’s second and third largest banks, a tie-up which will create an institution with €147bn in total assets, reports The Am Law Daily.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651