Cleary and Wachtell lead on Google's $12.5bn Motorola acquisition
Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton lawyers have helped guide Google towards completing the largest acquisition in the company's history—the $12.5bn (£7.6bn) acquisition of mobile-device maker Motorola Mobility Holdings Inc, writes the AmLaw Daily. In buying the Illinois–based handset manufacturer, Google—whose Android operating system is used in many Motorola devices—will assume control of one of the mobile industry's strongest patent portfolios, company executives said.
Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton lawyers have helped guide Google towards completing the largest acquisition in the company’s history-the $12.5bn (£7.6bn) acquisition of mobile-device maker Motorola Mobility Holdings Inc, writes The AmLaw Daily.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651