Matrix and Atkins Thomson advise as Lib Dem deputy launches hacking lawsuit
Matrix Chambers and Atkins Thomson Solicitors have been instructed to represent the latest senior UK politician to bring a legal claim against News International in the phone-hacking saga. Atkins media partner Mark Thomson and Matrix Chambers' Hugh Tomlinson QC are representing deputy Liberal Democrat leader Simon Hughes, who brought the case against News Group Newspapers and former News of the World private investigator Glenn Mulcaire in the High Court earlier this week (9 August).
Matrix Chambers and Atkins Thomson Solicitors have been instructed to represent the latest senior UK politician to bring a legal claim against News International in the phone-hacking saga.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651