After false starts, Proskauer still looks a promising City player
While the world and his wife seem to be reviewing their transatlantic merger options, Proskauer Rose’s recent spate of London hires marks something of a U-turn after years of casting around for a sizeable City union. Last week’s announcement that Nigel van Zyl and Oliver Rochman from SJ Berwin and Kate Simpson from US rival Kirkland & Ellis were set to join the top 50 US law firm came after the arrival in the spring of high-profile corporate duo Russell Carmedy and Michael Nouril from Jones Day.
Deep pockets, an upwardly mobile brand and some strong City recruits bode well
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651