A&O, Jones Day and Irish duo advise as investors plough $1.6bn into Bank of Ireland
Allen & Overy (A&O), Jones Day and two Irish firms are advising as Bank of Ireland receives $1.6bn (£983m) of investment from a consortium that will own 34.9% of one of the country's leading banks, reports The Am Law Daily. The investment group is led by turnaround group WL Ross and Fairfax Financial of Canada, which will each own a 9% stake in Bank of Ireland following the investment. The consortium also includes US real estate firm Kennedy-Wilson Holdings, Fidelity Investments, and the Capital Group of Companies, a mutual fund firm that will take a 6% stake in the bank.
Allen & Overy (A&O), Jones Day and two Irish firms are advising as Bank of Ireland receives $1.6bn (£983m) of investment from a consortium that will own 34.9% of one of the country’s leading banks, reports The Am Law Daily.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651