The grand illusion - are twin-partnership unions mergers in name only?
Law firm managing partners await publication of The Am Law 100 with great anticipation. In the publishing industry, rankings are a sure seller, and The Am Law 100 is a ranking par excellence. And, while The American Lawyer often relies upon law firms to supply their own financial data, there is widespread belief that the reported metrics are substantially correct. Until now. The ranking has been undermined not by law firms, but by the magazine itself. Because The American Lawyer now treats two or more independent firms within a Swiss verein as a single law firm, it has debased the financial results upon which its ranking rests.
Some of the entrants in this year’s Am Law 100 are firms in name only, contends K&L Gates’ Peter Kalis
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651