Sumption and Wilson appointed as new Supreme Court justices
Jonathan Sumption QC has been confirmed as one of two new justices of the Supreme Court, marking the first time a barrister has been directly appointed to the UK's highest court in more than 60 years. News of Sumption's appointment earlier this morning (4 May) confirms months of speculation that he was set to take up a post at the court, with Lord Justice Wilson appointed as the second new justice.
Jonathan Sumption QC has been confirmed as one of two new justices of the Supreme Court, marking the first time a barrister has been directly appointed to the UK’s highest court in more than 60 years.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651