Career Clinic: Are ILEX diplomas taken seriously as a way in to the legal profession?
"I am a mid-life career changer contemplating a switch to law after a career as a copywriter in marketing and advertising. "I have reservations about going down the GDL/LPC route for two reasons. The first is cost and the second is time, which, at my stage in life, I don't have. The third is the fierce competition - I am concerned that, given my situation, I will be very unlikely to get one, especially in the current climate.
“I am a mid-life career changer contemplating a switch to law after a career as a copywriter in marketing and advertising, but I have reservations about going down the GDL/LPC route for a number of reasons.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651