Insurer Torus hands regulatory remit to first global GC
Torus Insurance has appointed its first global general counsel after sealing the hire of the US deputy general counsel of rival insurance company Chartis, Jose Ramon Gonzalez. The hire marks the first-ever general counsel appointment for the insurer, which said that it has brought in the role in response to the increasing number of regulatory requirements facing the insurance industry in the wake of the financial crisis.
Torus Insurance has appointed its first global general counsel after sealing the hire of the US deputy general counsel of rival insurance company Chartis, Jose Ramon Gonzalez.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651