Invest NI tours City for offshoring deals as A&O Belfast savings emerge
Invest Northern Ireland (NI) is actively targeting other UK law firms about setting up their own offshore centres in Belfast in the wake of Allen & Overy (A&O) and Herbert Smith announcing plans to open in the region. The development agency is targeting the wider UK legal sector for inbound investment after securing both top 10 City law firms in recent months, with partners at other top 20 firms stating they had been approached by the agency, which confirmed that it is now contacting other law firms about investment opportunities in Northern Ireland.
A&O expects 30%-45% savings from near-shoring as NI agency targets City rivals
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651