Crumble beginnings - the corporate lawyer who quit the City to make cupcakes
Prior to March 2009, I could be found behind a desk at one of London's premier law firms. But baking had always been one of my passions, and it was at this point that I decided to leave the City behind and pursue my dream of establishing a cupcake company. It was time to say goodbye to soft offers, mergers and corporate law and hello to soft sponge, margarine and cocoa powder. No longer strutting down the corridors in a suit and stilettos, I can now be found wearing an apron, usually with a smear or two of icing sugar on my face. Meetings are now called tastings and conference calls still remain, but what could possibly be more fun than discussing wedding cupcake towers with a bride and groom-to-be?
After two years at a City law firm, Harpreet Baura traded corporate law for chocolate icing. Here, she describes her journey from lawyer to cupcaker
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651