No more half measures: can Barlows' management prove the doubters wrong?
"We're focusing on stability," says Barlow Lyde & Gilbert senior partner Simon Konsta. And who could query those sentiments? Despite having built a reputation as one of the City's top insurance and litigation firms, Barlows has had an unhappy recent history. The last 15 years have been marked by a series of strategic shifts, while over the last five years financial performance has increasingly lagged behind its peer group. Since 2007 the firm has made repeated efforts to update its management and reshape its practice, with Barlows moving to refocus its business around its insurance core. The result has been a series of partner departures and a firm still searching for the stability Konsta cites.
Barlows’ recent history has been dominated by senior departures, strategic shifts and a struggle to grow. Suzanna Ring asks if an increasingly robust management team can prove the doubters wrong
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651