A&O to receive £2.5m public funding for Belfast support centre launch
Allen & Overy (A&O) is to launch an operational support and legal services centre in Belfast that is expected to grow to 300 members of staff by 2014. The initiative, which was announced to staff internally today (2 Ferbuary), will see the creation of a new support services centre delivering some core internal business support processes, as well as a legal services centre delivering some routine or less complex elements of legal work. The City giant expects to have as many as 300 staff based in Belfast by 2014 and is to begin consulting on proposals to transfer 180 roles from London in the autumn.
Allen & Overy (A&O) is set to receive £2.5m of public funding in return for creating 300 new jobs in Belfast.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651