Addleshaws and Herbert Smith win roles on JD Sports' JJB takeover bid
Addleshaw Goddard and Herbert Smith have picked up lead roles as UK retail giant JD Sports considers a takeover of troubled rival JJB Sports. Herbert Smith is advising JJB in relation to both the preliminary discussions with JD Sports, as well as a £31.5m capital raising confirmed earlier today (2 February). The top 10 City firm's team is being led by corporate partner Will Pearce and also includes corporate partner Gareth Roberts and finance partners Kevin Pullen and Ewen Ferguson.
Addleshaw Goddard and Herbert Smith have picked up lead roles as UK retail giant JD Sports considers a takeover of troubled rival JJB Sports.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651