K&L Gates launches in Brussels with hire of McDermott partner duo
K&L Gates is opening a new office in Brussels today (1 February) as the US firm continues to expand its presence in Europe. The firm has recruited two partners from US rival McDermott Will & Emery to launch the new base. Brussels-based duo Philip Torbol and Patrice Corbiau have been handed a remit to build up the firm's offering in the Belgian capital, although the specific number of laterals the firm plans to recruit is as yet unconfirmed. The new office opening is a part of the US firm's aggressive expansion strategy for Europe. The firm has launched six European offices in rapid succession, with a London base opened in 2005, Paris in 2008, Frankfurt in 2009, and Moscow and Warsaw in 2010.
K&L Gates is opening a new office in Brussels today (1 February) as the US firm continues to expand its presence in Europe.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651