Official figures reveal top public buyers of law
Sixteen Government departments racked up legal fees of more than £1m each over the last three years through the panel designed to centralise Whitehall legal spend, with JobCentre Plus emerging as the biggest spender. The data, obtained by Legal Week through a Freedom of Information Act request, shows JobCentre Plus spent just under £11m in legal fees through the Government’s legal services framework panel.
Sixteen agencies spent over £1m since 2007 through centralised Government law panel; Transport highest in 09-10
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651