Middle East and African Law Firm of the Year
Edward Nathan Sonnenbergs (ENS) lays claim to be the largest full-service law firm in Africa and has continued to grow during the financial crisis. It has advised on many of the region's most notable corporate deals. It also has pro bono offices in two of South Africa's townships where staff do a minimum of 32 hours of legal work a year, which is considerably higher than the Law Society of South Africa's guideline commitment. Important deals the firm has advised on include the R30bn (£2.8bn) merger between Momentum and Metropolitan Life to create one of the largest listed insurance companies in South Africa. The merger is viewed as an opportunity for both parties to make the merged entity more attractive to institutional investors, which may have shunned Metropolitan in the past due to its size relative to its peers.
WINNER: Edward Nathan Sonnenbergs
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651