London Office of the Year
Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom is an undisputed leader in M&A. It also has a clearly articulated policy of focusing on advising on the biggest transactions. It stuck to this policy during the credit crisis - and when deal activity revived, it reaped the rewards. It was ranked the number one firm for European M&A by value for the first half of the year by Thomson Reuters. It advised on 28 announced deals worth a total of £36bn with each deal averaging well over £1bn. Eye-catching deals the team advised on include two hostile takeover battles, an area of historic strength for the firm.
WINNER: Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651