European Legal Team of the Year
Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton wins this award for the second year running. It secured the endorsement of the judging panel for its work advising the global co-ordinators and joint lead bookrunners and other underwriters on Volkswagen's jumbo €4bn (£3.4bn) rights issue. The transaction, which closed in April, was the largest rights offering of a German-listed company outside the financial sector in more than 10 years. It took place under the media spotlight given both the size and significance of the deal and the long-running tussle between Volkswagen and Porsche. The rights issue was partly designed to fund Volkswagen's acquisition of Porsche, Porsche having previously failed in a bid to take over the German car-making giant.
WINNER: Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651