Education and Training Initiative of the Year
Simmons & Simmons caught the eye of the judging panel in this new category for 2010 thanks to an MBA in Legal Services which the firm has designed for future trainees. The judges felt this to be a highly original initiative that will help the firm produce well-rounded lawyers with a good understanding of business from the outset of their careers. They were also impressed by the involvement of clients in the running of the course. An important limb of Simmons' learning and development strategy is to establish links with business schools so that staff at all levels can become more commercially aware. The initiative in question saw the firm team up with BPP Business School. The project aims to develop the general commercial and business awareness of students, with a specific focus on the four industry sectors the firm targets: energy and infrastructure, financial institutions, life sciences and technology media and telecommunications.
WINNER: Simmons & Simmons
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651