Assistant Solicitor/Associate of the Year
When Paul Groves qualified at Harbottle & Lewis in March 2006 he was offered a place in every department he trained in. With great prescience he made the case that he should straddle two groups that were regarded as very different at the time: the interactive entertainment group and the sports and sponsorship group. Paul foresaw that the two sectors would become increasingly linked through digital media. Since then, he has become instrumental in developing one of the firm's niche expertise areas - granting and exploiting sponsorship rights across new media platforms. Only three years after qualifying, Groves had developed his own practice and started instructing trainees and junior assistants.
WINNER: Paul Groves, Harbottle & Lewis
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651