SRA set to call time on single renewal date for professional indemnity insurance
The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) has proposed a number of changes to law firms' insurance arrangements in the run-up to the introduction of Alternative Business Structures (ABSs) next year. Following an independent review commissioned by the SRA this summer, the regulator is now proposing to remove the single renewal date for professional indemnity insurance (PII) and allow renewal at any time of the year.
The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) has proposed a number of changes to law firms’ insurance arrangements in the run-up to the introduction of Alternative Business Structures (ABSs) next year.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651