Canadian partners expect further mergers to follow Norton/Ogilvy deal
Partners at leading Canadian law firms are predicting further tie-ups between local firms and international outfits in the wake of Norton Rose and Ogilvy Renault's merger earlier this month. Senior partners at some of the country's top firms have come out in favour of the union, which will see Ogilvy formally join the Norton Rose Group alongside South Africa's Deneys Reitz on 1 June 2011.
Financial resilience and wealth of natural resources make Canada an attractive target
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651