Freshfields sees further London departure as M&A partner joins HSBC
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer is to see two partners leave its London office, with corporate partner Elaine Williams joining HSBC and finance and restructuring partner Chris Howard switching to magic circle rival Linklaters. City M&A partner Williams is expected to join HSBC as its new deputy group company secretary in January 2011. She will replace Paul Stafford in the global role, which will see her report to company secretary Ralph Barber, a chartered accountant. Stafford has relocated to Asia to become corporation secretary for HSBC Asia Pacific.
M&A partner moves to HSBC in wake of banking partner’s departure to Linklaters
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651