Herbert Smith's Gold made Tory life peer ahead of consultancy launch
Herbert Smith's former senior partner David Gold is among a handful of lawyers to be made a life peer in the latest round of appointments announced today (19 November). Gold will take up his life peerage for the Conservative Party, with the appointment conferred by the Queen having been vetted by the House of Lords Appointments Commission. Gold's links to the Conservatives include last year sitting on the party's scrutiny committee looking into its MPs' expense claims.
Herbert Smith’s former senior partner David Gold is among a handful of lawyers to be made a life peer in the latest round of appointments announced today (19 November).
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651