Hammonds and Squire Sanders - a no-fuss crack at the global mid-market
Unsung it may have been, but a deal to unite Hammonds and Squire Sanders & Dempsey has now arrived, less than three months after news of the talks was announced. With the tie-up set to go live on 1 January 2011, the question is not whether it can live up to expectations - rivals have not been kind - but whether the deal can deliver on its own terms. On that basis, the logic of the tie-up is understandable, with partners seeing a neatly-fitting global network as a key benefit. Squire Sanders will gain a sizeable London presence and some coverage across Western Europe in Paris, Madrid and Italy while also benefiting from a beefed-up presence in Brussels and a Berlin office to complement its Frankfurt base.
Unsung by rivals but generating enthusiasm – Hammonds’ US merger makes solid start
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651