Canadian firms seal merger deal to create new 400-lawyer firm
Two of Canada's largest law firms have agreed to merge, forming a 400-lawyer firm with offices in five Canadian cities and Hong Kong, reports The Am Law Daily. The merger between McMillan and Lang Michener, which will be effective as of 1 January 2011, will see the newly-combined firm keep the McMillan name. The firm will be headed up by current McMillan CEO Andrew Kent.
Two of Canada’s largest law firms have agreed to merge, forming a 400-lawyer firm with offices in five Canadian cities and Hong Kong, reports The Am Law Daily.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651