Herbert Smith and SJB lead on £448m sale of Crown Estate London portfolio
Herbert Smith and SJ Berwin have won lead roles as Norway's Norges Bank Investment Management agrees to buy a 25% stake in the Queen's Regent Street property portfolio for almost half a billion pounds. The deal is expected to see Norges, which manages the Norwegian Government Pension Fund Global, pay £448m to buy the 150-year lease on the property portfolio from The Crown Estate. It marks the fund's first investment in real estate since the Norwegian Government gave permission to invest in the class on 1 March.
Herbert Smith and SJ Berwin have won lead roles as Norway’s Norges Bank Investment Management agrees to buy a 25% stake in the Queen’s Regent Street property portfolio for almost half a billion pounds.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651