Half a step forward - law firm growth picks up pace at halfway mark
It's a depressing week for doom-mongers because the first indications on the half-year results for 2010-11 are pretty clear: business is picking up pace for commercial law firms. Earlier research from Deloitte had already shown that fee income was up 5% annually in the first quarter of the current financial year, though that came against a weak previous quarter. In contrast, the full half-year included the second quarter of 2009-10 as a comparison point, which was the first period in which many firms began to see signs of modest recovery after a prolonged battering in the wake of the banking crisis that gripped the markets in late 2008.
It’s a depressing week for doom-mongers because the first indications on the half-year results for 2010-11 are pretty clear: business is picking up pace for commercial law firms.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651