US firms seal merger deal to create $400m 650-lawyer practice
US firm Kilpatrick Stockton has agreed to merge with San Francisco's Townsend and Townsend and Crew, creating a $400m (£250m) practice, reports The Am Law Daily. The combined 650-lawyer firm, which will be named Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton, will officially launch on 1 January next year, and will have 17 offices throughout the US. The two firms pursued a possible union earlier this year, but called off the talks in July, citing client conflicts.
US firm Kilpatrick Stockton has agreed to merge with San Francisco’s Townsend and Townsend and Crew, creating a $400m (£250m) practice, reports The Am Law Daily.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651