Slaughters and White & Case lead on $5.9bn Spanish-Turkish bank deal
Slaughter and May and White & Case have won lead roles on a $5.9bn (£3.6bn) deal involving Spanish and Turkish banks, reports The Am Law Daily. Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentina (BBVA), Spain's second-largest bank, is acquiring a 24.9% stake in Turkiye Garanti Bankasi, Turkey's leading bank. BBVA will purchase 18.6% of the stake in Garanti from GE Capital for $3.8bn (£2.3bn), while the other 6.3% will come from Turkey's Dogus Holdings for $2.1bn (£1.3bn).
Slaughter and May and White & Case have won lead roles on a $5.9bn (£3.6bn) deal involving Spanish and Turkish banks, reports The Am Law Daily.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651