Hammonds set for US merger vote as combined firm's name emerges
Hammonds partners face seeing the firm's name pushed into second place if the merger with Squire Sanders & Dempsey goes ahead, with the brand being dropped entirely in countries where Hammonds does not have an office. Legal Week has learned that the merged transatlantic firm would be known as Squire Sanders Hammonds in those jurisdictions where Hammonds has a presence, including the UK, Europe and Asia. However, in the US and Eastern Europe, where Hammonds has no offering, the combined firm would be branded as Squire Sanders & Dempsey.
Hammonds partners face seeing the firm’s name pushed into second place if the merger with Squire Sanders & Dempsey goes ahead, with the brand being dropped entirely in countries where Hammonds does not have an office.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651