Barclays brings in Nomura EMEA general counsel as retail legal head
Barclays has hired Nomura's joint general counsel for Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) to lead the legal team for its global retail banking division. Mark Chapman is set to join Barclays later this year as general counsel for the retail division, overseeing the business's global legal function across 21 countries. The former Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer lawyer will report to Barclays' group GC Mark Harding and chief financial officer for global retail banking Peter Estlin.
Barclays has hired Nomura’s joint general counsel for Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) to lead the legal team for its global retail banking division.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651