Career Clinic: Should my firm have involved me in recruiting my new colleague?
"I am a senior associate and have been my firm's only specialist in a specific practice area for a number of years. This has meant working very long hours, often having holiday cancelled at the last minute, to successfully build the firm's reputation in this area. "I was also unable to support my husband through the sudden death of his brother as my presence - as the only person available to do the work - was required at work on a project that involved working through the night to meet a completion target.
“I am a senior associate and have been my firm’s only specialist in a specific practice area for a number of years. This has meant working very long hours, often having holiday cancelled at the last minute, to successfully build the firm’s reputation in this area.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651