Simmons keeps US tie-up on the table as part of growth strategy
Simmons & Simmons has told its partners that a transatlantic tie-up remains an option for the firm, despite the breakdown of merger discussions with Mayer Brown earlier this year. The UK top 15 law firm’s management used its annual partner weekend earlier this month (9-10 October) to stress that while a US merger is not a key strategic target, management at the firm still considers it a possibility.
Simmons & Simmons has told its partners that a transatlantic tie-up remains an option for the firm, despite the breakdown of merger discussions with Mayer Brown earlier this year.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651