Bar watchdog rolls out new scheme to monitor regulatory compliance of chambers
The Bar Standards Board (BSB) has launched a monitoring scheme which will oversee chambers' compliance with the profession's regulatory regime. The scheme, which was launched by the regulatory body today (18 October), will require more than 700 chambers and sole practitioners to complete a compulsory online questionnaire. The questionnaire will focus on four key areas of regulation - complaints handling, pupillage, equality and diversity, and money laundering.
The Bar Standards Board (BSB) has launched a monitoring scheme which will oversee chambers’ compliance with the profession’s regulatory regime.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651