Bakers takes US law role for Liverpool board as judge throws out attempt to block takeover
Liverpool Football Club's board have succeeded in their bid to push forward with the club's takeover after the High Court dismissed a temporary restraining order granted by a Texas court to US owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett. The club's board, represented by One Essex Court's Lord Grabiner QC (pictured), returned to court today to apply for an anti-suit injunction to prevent Hicks and Gillett from continuing their legal action in the US.
Liverpool Football Club’s board have succeeded in their bid to push forward with the club’s takeover after the High Court dismissed a temporary restraining order granted by a Texas court to US owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651