Grabiner and Snowden secure court win for RBS and Liverpool FC board
Lord Grabiner QC and Erskine Chambers' Richard Snowden QC have secured a High Court victory in the Liverpool takeover battle after the presiding judge ruled that the club's £300m sale to New England Sport Ventures (NESV) can proceed. Mr Justice Floyd handed down his judgment this morning in favour of the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS), Liverpool's main creditor, which is owed around £280m by the club's US owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett.
Lord Grabiner QC and Erskine Chambers’ Richard Snowden QC have secured a High Court victory in the Liverpool takeover battle after the presiding judge ruled that the club’s £300m sale to New England Sport Ventures (NESV) can proceed.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651