Low-balling now common - but many think firms offer poor value for money
Nearly nine out of 10 law firms are habitually offering discounts on their headline billing rates according to new research, which casts doubt on the value for money offered by commercial law firms. The latest Big Question poll of partners found that 88% of firms are typically offering discounts on their headline rates, with 42% usually discounting by 5%-10%, while just over a third usually cut rates by 10%-20%. One in 10 respondents said that their firms were regularly discounting headline rates by 20%-30% while 12% said their firms generally avoided discounting.
Nearly nine out of 10 law firms are habitually offering discounts on their headline billing rates according to new research, which casts doubt on the value for money offered by commercial law firms.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651