Halliwells' £4m rent dispute drags on after mediation impasse
Halliwells' ex-partners are set for continued talks over the firm's £4m outstanding rent liabilities after failing to reach an agreement during the first round of mediation. A second meeting has been scheduled after the defunct firm's former partners failed to reach a compromise with fellow ex-partner Paul Thomas over the rent obligations. Thomas, a personal guarantor for Halliwells' former Manchester offices at St James's Court, is attempting to spread the liability for rent guaranteed on the premises until 2013.
Halliwells’ ex-partners are set for continued talks over the firm’s £4m outstanding rent liabilities after failing to reach an agreement during the first round of mediation.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651