Shell recruits Debevoise litigation partner as new legal chief
Debevoise & Plimpton litigation partner Peter Rees QC is set to leave the firm to take up a new role as legal director at Shell. Rees, who will join the oil and gas giant on 15 November, will take over as legal director at the beginning of next year when current incumbent Beat Hess retires. Rees will take responsibility for Shell's global legal function and will advise group management on all legal matters. The Shell legal function comprises 1,200 staff, of which around 720 are lawyers and 80 are intellectual property professionals.
Debevoise & Plimpton litigation partner Peter Rees QC is set to leave the firm to take up a new role as legal director at Shell.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651